iPod Touch Safari vs Music issues/problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jjohnson16, Sep 16, 2007.

1. jjohnson16 macrumors newbie

Just wanted to start some discussion on a recent problem that I have found with my 16 gb iPod Touch. I was listening to music and I decided to get online with the built-in WIFI. A few seconds into the use of both the Music and the Internet, my music stopped playing. Safari continued to work, but none of the audio would play. I went back and started a new song, then went about my business using Safari. A few seconds later the same error occurred. I tried different music (purchased, recorded, etc) and got the same effect after using Safari.

I began to notice that using multi-touch (pinch for example) would trigger a stop in the music. Also, turning the screen would cause the same error. A few times, Safari kicked out too and I was brought back to the home screen. I placed a call with Apple and the Representative said that he would make a note of the issue.

Any one else experiencing this?

(btw extremely impressed/happy with the device despite this issue!)

2. ps49556n macrumors regular

Why dont you just exchange it for a new one??? It sounds like you have a defective unit...i remember when i got my iphone on the 29th, safari would crash when listen to music.....the problem was corrected with the first update but it sounds like you may have a legitimate issue.....go to the genius bar and show them the problem.

3. betelgeuse1 macrumors member

betelgeuse1

I have experienced this as well. I thought it related to the pinch/spread zoom, but apparently just scrolling can do it. Also, I found that if I double-click the home button (to bring up the music control) it switches to some other song by a different artist (and always to the same song, regardless of what I was listening to.) Hopefully Apple will update the Touch soon, but its a little disconcerting to be experiencing these kinds of issues on a device that is supposed to be basically the same hardware and software as the iPhone.

4. colto macrumors regular

Hmm. Sounds defective to me as I have had no troubles thus far with music and safari. Pinching, scrolling, typing, etc.

5. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

this problem is not because of a "defective iPod" it is just a flaw in the software that will more than likely be fixed in a few weeks by a software update via itunes

6. iheartipodtouch macrumors newbie

does the song name start with an A?

it just goes to the first song in your library...:D

but anyway yeah ive had that problem too but it only happened for a little while then it was ok

7. jjohnson16 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a hard reset and I have not had any problems since starting the thread. I am confident that this is a small software glitch and that it will be resolved in future updates. I suppose that returning is an option, but if I experience the problem again I will certainly go to a Mac Genius and have them take a look. There is another thread talking about this same topic, but many thanks for the response!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=355910

8. Legendpnkf1 macrumors newbie

Fixed IT

after talking with a pleasant lady from apple- the trick is to reset settings. This does not erase your music! Then try to browse and it will work. At first i tried to reformat and restore thinking it was my music and something corrupt, but after trying all other options, i used my 1 free phone call, and good as new. Good Luck
    reset settings under setings, general, reset, ok-

Happy Hanukkah