iPod touch scratches in smooth bag?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by haifischli, Nov 22, 2008.

1. haifischli macrumors newbie

I never really protected my iPod touch and just kept it with no other things in my pocket. Only when I was not using it, I put it in a smooth little bag to protect it. But apparently that is not a good idea, because there are more and more scratches on the display. Actually after about a year of use there are a lot of scratches.
    The only possible explanation for this is that the soft bag collects dust or grit and then during transportation the dust scratches the display. I just have never really seen any grit or sand.
    Does anyone have similar experience?

Attached Files:

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

No matter how hard you try, your iPod will get scratches.
    iPods are just about the most scratch attractives devices out there.
    It's a fact of life.
    I've learned to just deal with it.

3. MacbookAlum1536 macrumors regular

MacbookAlum1536

seriously

My iPod gets scratched when a piece of dust or dirt gets on it my ipod looks like it got hit by pieces of shrapnel :eek:

4. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

My front only has one small scratch (under 5mm) on the glass, and I keep it in my pocket all the time (I don't put anything else in that pocket but a bag with my earbuds, though). YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

5. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: OMG I WOULD CRY IF THAT WAS MY SCREEN! NO JOKE! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

i got one of those invisible plastic shields and put it on asap before even touching the screen.

if it scratches (which it hasn't, even with accidental keys in my pocket), just change the plastic.

7. Xavier macrumors 68020

I bought my 1st gen the day they came out, and put it in my pocket with keys, cell phone, change, pencils, pretty much anything.

I dont have any scratches on it. I do have a case though, but the screen is still scratch free

8. broncopde macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

What kind of bag is it? I know a friend of mine used a smooth Oakley sunglasses bag and that worked well for him.

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I've had 3 iPod touch's (a 1G, a 1G refurb from Apple when my first screwed up, and the 2G) and none of them had so much as a tiny scratch on the screen, unprotected and all. Your screen must have big problems with it to scratch like that.

10. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

Tells the whole story.

iPods (and other mp3 players) get scratched. You should have invested in an Invisible Shield or similar.

11. larapumkin macrumors regular

well this is why we put screen protectors..
    amazing what a little dust can do, unless it is wrapped tightly with micro fiber fabric it will get scratches..