iPod touch screen brightness flickering

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blueharvester, Nov 3, 2007.

1. blueharvester macrumors regular

I've noticed that on occasions my iPod touch screen will flicker very slightly i.e. flcikers light and dark. This seems to happen more when websites are loading in the safari browser. The majority of the time it doesn't happen but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

2. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

Ive only seen it do this on the labyrnth game....something about diect access causes it, if you see it alot in safari then start writing the pages down so we can try them, it's a known bug in the hacking community but I am not sure apple even knows about it.

3. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

what I mean is if you can pinpoint specific websites that cause it maybe there is some simularity in the way things are coded that cause it and would point to a fix

4. evilmarc macrumors newbie

It's probably just the sensor adjusting the brightness.

5. evolutionxbox macrumors newbie

My iPod flickers all of the time... the sensor (in the settings menu at least) is turned off.

It just flickers all day.

6. conner macrumors newbie

Mine flickers when I'm loading web pages and if its plugged in after i press the sleep button then the back-light stops working for about five minutes. Any ideas?:confused:

7. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

I think it's the Wi-Fi

I don't have the problem with my new 2G Touch, but on my first-gen it always flickered if it was on a lower brightness setting when the Wi-Fi was on. It stopped when I turned it off (along with the annoying buzzing from my speaker/iPod dock :D). I repeated the test multiple times until I could be fairly certain there was a connection.

I developed two theories based upon said tests:

1. The Wi-Fi waves somehow interfere with the screen output (like they interfered with my speaker).

2. The energy taken from the battery by the Wi-Fi chip makes it hard for it to maintain a steady brightness level (like when you turn on the vacuum and the lights flicker from the power fluctuation).

Hope this helps! BTW- I think #2 is better, for the record.

8. itouch67 macrumors newbie

iPod touch screen brightness flickering

I had the same problem. It has something do with dust settling in connector socket on the bottom a good blast or two with a can of compressed air cleans it out and stops the flickering, and that's with battery power as well as being connected to an adaptor

9. Lorenz0 macrumors regular

Mine does it occasionally when watching movies via dock/component cable.

now the screen gets turned off from the outset, as it freaks me out to see it happen.