Ipod touch screen has gone crazy

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shazzledazzle, Nov 27, 2009.

1. shazzledazzle macrumors newbie

Hi,

For the last 18 months I've had a perfect Ipod Touch which I decided to sell to raise cash towards an Iphone. Onto ebay it went, I sold it and then got a dreaded message. The ipod doesn't work??? I received it back this morning. When I turned it on and there were red/purple/white lines all across the screen. You could barely see the slide bar in the background but not the usual one there was three of them. I held the button on the top of the ipod to restart it, that didn't work. I held the same button along with the home button for ten seconds, I could just about see the apple logo (again x 3) it did reset, but the screen was still covered in flickering lines. I then plugged the Ipod into my computer. Itunes recognized the ipod was there, it had been renamed (presumably by the buyer). So I did a complete restore. I could vaguely see the restore happening behind the flickering lines. Again everything happening was x3. But the lines still covered the screen.

Can anyone help???? Im gutted. I wish I hadn't sold it now, because it was working perfectly before. No point sending it back to apple as its out of warranty now.

Attached Files:

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Are you sure it's the same one you sent out?

3. shazzledazzle thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I think so, it had the same screen protector on it, and very few fine scratches on that back, the same as I one out.

4. Lorenz0 macrumors regular

You *think* so???

Sounds like the horse has well and truly bolted on this one

5. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

This is exactly why I always write down the serial number down before shipping iPods anywhere

6. shazzledazzle thread starter macrumors newbie

I was a little suspicious when itunes showed a different ipod name too, so I checked the serial number was the same on the back of the ipod and it was. I don't think they have been switched, I think they just renamed it when they connected it into itunes.

7. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

I think they dropped it??? It was obviously working when they renamed it after connecting to iTunes.

8. shazzledazzle thread starter macrumors newbie

I see what you are saying but I still get the option to rename it when I do a restore now. So it is possible that they renamed it after the screen died cos I can now if I want to.

I have no idea what has happened to it, if they dropped it or not, I can't prove it even if I suspect it. I just wish somebody had a magical answer as to what I do next.

9. shazzledazzle thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm, strange that no one seems to have seen this problem before.

Oh well, maybe its worth a claim with Royalmail as it was working perfectly when it left me and not when it got to its destination.