iPod touch screen strength

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ctrooper742, Dec 4, 2008.

1. ctrooper742 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know really how strong and scratch resistant is the iPod touch (2g) screen? I've been toying with the idea of a case but I don't want to purchase one if I know it can withstand minor hits and bumps.

Thanks in advance.

2. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

I believe the iPod touch has the same glass as the iPhone, and I can say that my iPhone has been thrown into bags with keys and pens, and has not one scratch on it so far.

I have a case for my iPhone, but, no screen protector at all.

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

It's fairly strong. If you're thinking of a case for your 2g, I recommend switcheasy. I just got a rebeltouch, and it's great. Easy to take off and put on, and it comes with two screen protectors. Mind you, the newer Neotouch just came out, so you'll probably want that instead.

4. ctrooper742 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your replies.

I did look a the switcheasy neo and it looks like a great product. But I looked at all that comes with it like a lot of stuff 2 silicone pads and plastic outerwear and all that stuff. Is there any room for error? what if you mess up? or is it fairly easy to attach? can anyone tell me about this?

5. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I can tell you from experience that the Rebel Touch is an easy case all around. I've heard the design used for the Neo is harder to apply, but if you follow the instructions you'll be fine. The Rebel is a two layer system, with a soft plastic interior and a stiff skeleton. the Neo is a three layer system, with a silicone soft interior, and two interlocking plates.

Don't be scared off by that though. Switcheasy makes fantastic cases, but the extras (screen protectors, video stand, headphone jack extender, screen wipe, universal dock adapter, dock nub protector...) are what makes them worth while.

6. ctrooper742 thread starter macrumors newbie

You told me exactly what I wanted to know.

But just one more thing. These extras; will these make it more difficult to manage you iPod? Do you attach the other things or do you only use them every so often? how does this work?

Thanks!

7. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

They make things much easier, and you certainly don't have to use them. You could just take the case and throw everything else away. All the extras are separate pieces - the video stand, for instance, is a clever, W shaped piece of plastic. Very simple, and it works. :p

8. ctrooper742 thread starter macrumors newbie