Ipod Touch Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WAdams, Jan 31, 2010.

1. WAdams macrumors newbie

OK, so on the very rounded corners of my iPod, the glass sinks down below the metal frame when I press it. The corners of te black area bar. Press down on the corner of your iPod and see if that happens to you to? I'm still under warranty, so would I be able to get a replacement? Or get it fixed? Please tell me if that has hapened to you and what you did. Thanks..http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/redface.gif

2. luis.s macrumors newbie

It happens to mine as well, I noticed a while back but didn't really think anything of it. Can't really do anything about it now cos I'm out of warranty. I've got a 16GB 2nd gen one btw.

3. WAdams thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the fast reply. It happens to my friend's iPod too. I think it may be normal. You don't REALLY need to press the screen in that area, there are no sensors. I'm jut worried it might sink too far below the frame permanently.

4. luis.s macrumors newbie

I was worried about that too, but I've had it for over a year now and the screen is still where it was when I bought it :)

And like you say, you don't really need to press there anyway, although I generally notice it when I'm playing games using the accelerometer (usually racing games for steering) and I hold it there while I am playing.