Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xappeal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Brisbane - Australia
I've been trying to get my hands on an iPod touch since the release, but have been unable to. The shipments had not arrived to Brisbane (Australia) and everywhere I called said they had not received any yet.

I ordered online yesterday when they said it would be a 7-10 day wait. Then, I receive a shipping advice saying they are sending it express and it will arive by the latest tomorrow!!

That's awesome. After reading all the iPhone threads I was getting a little down... But Apple comes through for me again!

Now I just hope that the 3rd party app makers can find a solution, or Apple releases an SDK for the touch and iPhone 1.1.1

kanekane

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2006
I've been trying to get my hands on an iPod touch since the release, but have been unable to. The shipments had not arrived to Brisbane (Australia) and everywhere I called said they had not received any yet.

I ordered online yesterday when they said it would be a 7-10 day wait. Then, I receive a shipping advice saying they are sending it express and it will arive by the latest tomorrow!!

That's awesome. After reading all the iPhone threads I was getting a little down... But Apple comes through for me again!

Now I just hope that the 3rd party app makers can find a solution, or Apple releases an SDK for the touch and iPhone 1.1.1

Hey, i am from Brisbane as well. I ordered mine on the 27th September, and mine when Prepared For Shipment a few days ago. I got a engraved 16g from Apple Australia online...

I don't understand how you got yours so fast... pretty sweet but. good work!!

I called Apple Store in Myer Brisbane, they said they sold over 100 Ipod Touch 16g on the weekend. He said that we would hold as many as 10 ipod touch 8g models for me if i wanted.. i politely declined. haha.. i want my 16g.

I am just enjoying everyone's comments on the ipod touch on these boards.. thanks :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.