iPod Touch Short Circuit? Too hot to touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freakonaleash92, May 3, 2009.

1. freakonaleash92 macrumors newbie

today, i was at a cyber cafe and i was simply playing my ipod touch through the speakers like i usually do through a 3.5mm jack and suddenly the backlight turned off, and i tried to fix the brightness but to no avail. i turned it off, not put it to sleep but shut it down and then i couldn't turn it on anymore.

out of nowhere the bottom left of the device, the other side of the headphone jack started heating up and smelling kind of like pine. this heating up happened for several minutes until it was too hot to touch, it was acutally scalding. the battery level wasn't too low (1/3) and it was a second generation iPod touch from Korea. anybody got any ideas on what happened?

cheers

2. ipt macrumors newbie

lol badnew

nothing wrong with ur audiojack with it or without it u still can use ur ipod, just that u can't hear any sound hihih...if u have backlight problem .. that is because ur 5V is death most of the time... what you can do is open up the ipod and then take a multimeter and measure the current.. but anyway.. if u have insurance give it back to them so they can repair it for u..

if 5v is not the case.. then one of ur resistor or cap is died out on you that all.. that why ur circuit is short.. and it heats up...:rolleyes: good luck

3. ZuneMan? macrumors regular

Pick it up with a pair of tongs.

Bring it to a Apple Store and complain about how **** their products are.

Get it exchanged.

Simple.