Ipod Touch showing 3GB used for "Other" in ITunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by i8hotdogs, Jan 9, 2008.

1. i8hotdogs macrumors newbie

Hello - This is a fantastic forum. I am new to this board and had a question. I have the 16gb Touch that I jailbroke, all is fine. Except that I have about 5 applications tht should total to about few MB but my Itunes show that I have almost 3GB used for the "Other". I have no music, videos, or nay other types of data yet. I think this happened after loadin 1900 photo's on it accidentally with the auto sync feature. I deleted all of the photo's and it now shows about 2.66 GB used for "Other". How can I clean this up without restoring?

I was going to restore it but ITunes forces me to upgrade to 1.1.2 when I originally had 1.1.1. Is there a way I can restore it without upgrading it to 1.1.2 through Itunes?

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

2. joefinan macrumors 6502a

In iTunes, just deselect 'sync photos' and re-sync the iPod - that should clear it.

3. i8hotdogs thread starter macrumors newbie

joefinan, thanks for the reply. I tried that with no luck. I deleted all of my sons, video, and photo's stiil the same, it shows 2.7gb used for Other. Any other ideas?

Does anyone know how to restore without Itunes forcing me to upgrade from my original version?

Thanks

4. Skilgannon macrumors member

Skilgannon

Download the 1.1.1.ipsw firmware to your computer (just use the search feature of the forum, you'll find the link somewhere).

Put your Ipod into restore mode and shift-click restore on Itunes.

Select 1.1.1 firmware.

If you think this is too vague, search for "downgrade from 1.1.2/to 1.1.1" on youtube or in this forum.

5. i8hotdogs thread starter macrumors newbie

Skilgannon - Thanks for the response, I will try that. I have the 1.1.1 download already, I didn't know about the ****-restore. I appcreciate your assistance, I will give it a shot.

Thanks

6. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Photos show up as yellow and is labeled Photos. Other does not include photos.