iPod Touch Stand

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Resist, Jun 2, 2008.

1. TJ10 macrumors member

TJ10

Looks cool. But I think I would never end up using it

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yeah, I saw that earlier and drooled over it for a minute. Then, I saw the price tag...

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I said the same thing about the iPod Touch price when it first came out, but I got over it.

4. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

This is what I thought. It's still a fun idea, though. If it was 20 bucks cheaper I would get it. Maybe I'll make something like that. :p

5. Mark72501 macrumors regular

Mark72501

Does anyone know if this stand is compatible with the 1g iPod Touch? It says on their site "2g" as if it will only work with the 2g...but I would think the 1g would fit just as well...ya think? Or not? I'm not positive of the size differences, if any...what do you think? Or maybe you know?!? Thx.

6. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I have one of those stands... love it but it is for the touch first gen. They haven't made one for the 2nd gen. They have made one for the iphone and if that is the same size etc that the second gen of touch is then I would think it would fit

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Incorrect, the iPhone is substantially thicker than the 2G iPod touch. The same shape, perhaps, but it's quite a bit thicker.

8. phrede macrumors newbie

I made one of these. Works great when I'm traveling on a plane and stores my ear buds as well.

Phrede

9. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

10. Mark72501 macrumors regular

Mark72501

Well I have a 1st Gen iPod Touch so I just want to confirm it will fit in the iPod version of their stand. So you're saying even tough they have it listed as for the 2g iPod Touch it fits only the 1g?

I found a seller on eBay selling the same stand...emailed them the question and their response was, essentially: "No it is only for 2g iPod Touch, sorry. Will not fit 1g iPod Touch due to major size difference." but I wasn't sure they knew...because "major size difference" is somewhat of an exaggeration, right? lol

Before I purchase it as a gift for someone who owns a 1g iPod Touch I want to make sure it'll fit...thus, my questions. Thanks!

11. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Definitely a want and not a need. Interesting but I'll pass.

12. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

Based on several things I've read about the product, it will not work with the 1g model of the iPod Touch. Even though the size differents were not "major" that fact that the edges are curved and such will likely result in the stand not being able to making a secure connection with the iPod itself, therefore not completely holding the iPod. If it were me I would not get this stand for a 1g as I'm pretty sure it won't fit properly in it, even if you were able to get it to work somehow, it wouldn't look like it was made for it as the 2g model would be.

I also had a question about this stand. I'm going to be getting this for the 2g and I was just curious if anyone has this stand a 2g touch with a Bodgyguard, Invisible Skin, etc. on it. I was just curious if the iPod will fit in the stand if one of the clear skins is attached. I like the stand, but only will get it if the iPod would fit with the clean protecting skin still on. If it won't fit I'm thinking it would be too snug of a fit for my comfort anyhow. I've already e-mailed customer service and I'm just waiting to hear back, but I was hoping to hear from someone that actually has this as well!

Thanks!

13. saberahul macrumors 68040

I have not used the stand. Considering the thickness of the screen protector I doubt it will make any difference. Regarding the bodyguard- I will say it will most likely not fit unless it is very very thin- and such a product does not exist yet... well it does if you have the (I forget the name) but the clear skin that goes all around the iPod and is strong as kevlar...

14. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

Thanks for your response, what I have is actually called BodyGuardz and is one of the clear skins that goes all around the iPod ( http://www.bodyguardz.com/Apple_iPod_touch_2G_p/ipodtouch2g.htm ) I personally cannot see how something that thin could prevent something from fitting, but I've read from people that had them on and then the iPod wouldn't fit in cases and things, so I just want to make sure before I buy it.

Thanks again!

15. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Just a hunk of metal with some cheap black paint over the back... I'd never pay $50 bucks for this. I'd get some good ear buds instead. There's also a $10 beanie bag iPod/iPhone stand being sold too.

16. Mark72501 macrumors regular

Mark72501

You have a good point. I wouldn't pay $50 either. I saw it for around $30 somewhere, I believe. $35 w/ shipping, I think. Still a bit steep for what it is BUT I was thinking of it for a gift as I know the person I was considering getting it for would think it was so cool. And it is. But I also saw the bean bag thing (MovieWedge, I believe?) for $9.95 and that looks neat, too.

Something like this is definitely not a need but purely a want; a frill to add to the iPod Touch or iPhone and the whole Apple products atmosphere.

17. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

Anyone know where you can get this in the UK?

18. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

There are very few places I've been able to find this for sale other than from iClooly directly. They sell on eBay, but it looks like they only ship to the USA there as well. On there website it says to contact the manufacturer for other distributors, this is the e-mail: info@rockridgesound.co.jp

Good luck!

19. budkid macrumors regular

20. themacwizard macrumors newbie

I have the MovieWedge. Its awesome and much cheaper.