iPod touch statcic noise

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by apple101, Feb 1, 2009.

1. apple101 macrumors regular

Whenever I play my first generation iPod touch I here this static noise. I hear it most in an external speaker and I've tested other iPods on my Bose Sound Dock to see if it was the iPod or speaker but it's the iPod.

Does anybody else have this problem? If you ask me it kind of sounds like a static noise that comes out from a raido when you have bad reception. I went to a local Apple Store but they could not really hear it with the music on.

If anybody has this problem can you tell me how to fix it or something, thanks a bunch.

2. mvandam1 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with mine. It's not really noticeable when the music is on, but in silent sections it is really annoying. I have not found a fix yet.

3. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

My 2nd gen ipod touch has static/noise problems when I charge it while playing it thru my car stereo using the Griffin charger.

4. Manooel macrumors newbie

I'm dealing with the same thing. I have my iPod plugged in my car to an Alpine iDA-X303, which uses the dock not the headphone jack, and when I pause the music I can hear static and you can notice it in silent sections also.

Also I can hear the static on the iPod speaker, while listening to a song with full volume then pause it and I can hear the static for about 4-5 seconds. While using headphone everything sounds fine. Been looking about this problem but can't find anything that helps.

Hope one of you guys know something, thanks a lot !