iPod touch stolen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NJFP, Aug 19, 2014.

1. NJFP macrumors 6502

My wife's iPod touch was stolen from her car last night. Since it's wi-fi only, its not showing up on "find my iPhone." How can we find it, or at least contact Apple to track it and disable it? She's at the police station now making out a report, I'm at work and have no idea how to recover or find the serial number. HELP!!!!!

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

the only way it'll be found is if the thief connects it to wifi. If she has a passcode and find my iPhone enabled, they won't be able to do that, so it'll be gone.

3. nexus4life macrumors regular

4. $M.H$ macrumors member

You can find the serial number, model and other important stuff !
    :)
    You can find it in the iPod touch BOX
    Bring the box to apple and I think they can track it :D
    &
    THATS WHY I USE MY IPOD TOUCH 5 LOOB
    :$

5. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

As long as it goes on Wifi you can track it, if not, then well its gone

6. BarryL macrumors 6502

And put that bad boy in lost mode. Eventually someone will try to connect it to wifi.. Then you've got the location!!!

Good luck!!!

7. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

have you gone to iCloud.com and logged into the account and gone to find my iPhone feature? in that feature there are options to lock it or erase data. another option is to not do anything and let thief use it. other crooks have started to use some and taken pics of themselves and photos were added to photo stream. keep an eye on the stream in iPhoto

8. Solver macrumors 6502a

If you ever made a backup under iTunes, you can see the serial number in iTunes Edit Devices Preferences. Just move the cursor over the right backup name.