Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjcurtin08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Hello,
I have the 1st generation iPod touch, and recently it gets stuck at the apple logo. The iPod has a full charge, and I have tried plugging it into my mac, but it doesn't recognize it. The iPod just keeps rebooting, but never getting to the unlock screen. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks

pjcurtin08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Thanks for that tip, it worked great, except I had never made backups, so I have to put all data back on myself. Any idea what could have caused this? I did not jail break it, and I had the 3.0 software update.

pjcurtin08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
When it said backing up your ipod, I always exited out b/c I did not have time to wait for the backup to complete. I did install the free game racing live from app store recently. Could that have done something?

jmann

macrumors 604
Probably not, but it's all just a guess. Sometime phones/computer just crash. That is what restoring the phone is for. :) Just make sure to do a period backup every once in a while. :p Especially for instances like this. Are you losing a lot of stuff or is it still on your computer?

pjcurtin08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Thanks again! But all of my stuff is on my computer so there's no problem. And I actually did make a backup a few months ago, so I'm all good.
Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.