iPod Touch stuck at apple logo- Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pjcurtin08, Aug 4, 2009.

1. pjcurtin08 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have the 1st generation iPod touch, and recently it gets stuck at the apple logo. The iPod has a full charge, and I have tried plugging it into my mac, but it doesn't recognize it. The iPod just keeps rebooting, but never getting to the unlock screen. Any tips would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
  3. pjcurtin08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that tip, it worked great, except I had never made backups, so I have to put all data back on myself. Any idea what could have caused this? I did not jail break it, and I had the 3.0 software update.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

It's hard to say, did you recently install anything new? So you never synced it with a computer? Because usually when you sync it with iTunes it will automatically make a backup.

5. pjcurtin08 thread starter macrumors newbie

When it said backing up your ipod, I always exited out b/c I did not have time to wait for the backup to complete. I did install the free game racing live from app store recently. Could that have done something?

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Probably not, but it's all just a guess. Sometime phones/computer just crash. That is what restoring the phone is for. :) Just make sure to do a period backup every once in a while. :p Especially for instances like this. Are you losing a lot of stuff or is it still on your computer?

7. pjcurtin08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks again! But all of my stuff is on my computer so there's no problem. And I actually did make a backup a few months ago, so I'm all good.
    Thanks again!