iPod touch stuck home button

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jv311, Nov 30, 2008.

1. jv311 macrumors newbie

O.k so i have a 1st gen iPod touch. I've had it for almost a year and it has worked perfectly. today I went to use it and noticed that the physical home button has gotten sort of stuck. I can feel it move/wiggle around so its not stuck under the glass but i can no longer use it to go to my Home screen. I am stuck on the music app and have no access to the other apps. If i go to the Apple store do you think i could possibly exchange it for a new one or will i have no choice but to send it in for repair?

---------Update---------

I went into the Apple store with a broken iPod and came out with a new refurbished one.
    I'm a happy customer :)

2. Avizzv92 macrumors regular

Unless you got Apple Care your warranty is most likely up, but a simple stuck home button they might fix for free. It depends really on who you get too help you, some workers are nicer about these sorta things then others and they sorta stretch the warranty for you. Then there are others that are stricter...

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

... and some make you pay. just tell them, most of the time they are understanding will fix it for you.

4. jv311 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the advice. i have set up an appointment to see a genius at the apple store tomorrow. hopefully i will get it repaired :)

5. kingtorm macrumors newbie

kingtorm

the same exact thing happened to be, don't worry apple will replace it, no worries