ipod touch stuck in case

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by dckj95, Dec 20, 2008.

1. dckj95 macrumors member

hey my ipod touch is stuck in it's iworld crystal case, i slided in the bottom part of the case and now i cant remove it because its very tight. what should i do?:confused:

2. Slowstick macrumors 6502

lol. Break it open. What else you gonna do? :)

3. dckj95 thread starter macrumors member

its really thick not like you can just bend it to break it.

4. ZuneMan? macrumors regular

5. Slowstick macrumors 6502

You can try getting a match and carefully melt some of the plastic and then crack it open.

6. HelloMotto macrumors newbie

you can also use a lighter or some sort of fire, put it far enough of so that it doesn't burn the plastic but close enough to weaken it. I think that should make the plastic malleable.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

you could take it to the apple store if one is nearby; they can open it for you.

8. Slowstick macrumors 6502

That isn't going to help. :)

It isn't an Apple product. Apple could care less and will probably laugh.:D:D

9. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Can't agree more with you there. Try and break the case carefully but my advice would be to not use a flame of any sort if it can be helped.

10. old-wiz macrumors G3

oops! sorry.. I missed that it was an accessory case. Must have been groggy from shoveling snow.

11. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

12. Avizzv92 macrumors regular

If I where you, try a crowbar if that fails to get the job done...
    [​IMG]
    Jaws of Life???

But seriously, don't use fire or heat... I would maybe call the company the made the case and see what they recommend.

13. DMoney0023 macrumors member

is it the DLO case??? I think mine is stuck too

14. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

Put it on a heating vent or another warm place so that the case can expand then slide it out?

15. redsox72093 macrumors newbie

hey my ipod touch is stuck in it's iworld crystal case, i slided in the bottom part of the case and now i cant remove it because its very tight. what should i do?

You slided in the bottom part of the case? I think you slid it in....

16. Paintball36 macrumors newbie

Okay, how about posting something helpful, rather than critiquing his grammer/spelling? That was of no help at all.

And i agree with what somebody had said above, put it on a radiator or something of the sort, and let the plastic expand.

17. ClaireC macrumors newbie

Try putting it screen side down on a sunny window ledge for a few minutes.

I just spent most of the past week trying to get a Logiix Klear Slider off my 2G iPod touch. I tried those plastic grip mats you get for opening jars, scissors, wire cutters and heat from a hairdryer to try and get it off. Nothing worked. I could get the bottom part off (eventually) but not the top. I was wary of the suggestions of putting a flame anywhere near delicate electronics. Less than 5 minutes in the sun and it slid off like butter.

And there was much rejoicing.

18. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

I agree.

Heat will help, but you need to be cautious, using a flame is very risky and something I wouldn't try.

I just spent about a week trying to get a case off as well (not the iPod Touch, but a Nerf case for my DS, nearly cracked the DS in half, but it was just a matter of working until it finally came out, being really careful) so I wish I would have some idea like this to try first. I love it when the case you get to protect something nearly does more damage than if you would have left it out of the case.

Good luck!

19. itshp76 macrumors newbie

How to remove your ipod touch from your incase case

Remove the bottom piece and then breath hot and heavy into the opening. You will be able to slide out your ipod touch out of the case. The condensation from your breath will provide enough lubricant to remove the case since the ipod casing is hard and slippery.