Ipod touch stuck in DFU

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ffmmm123, Jan 22, 2011.

1. ffmmm123 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i tried rebooting my jailbroken ipod touch 4th gen (4.2.1) on redsnow (because it is tethered), it usually works, but this time it told me there was an unexpected error and it stayed stuck on the apple logo. I tried rebooting it again , again there was the unexpected error. When i tried restoring it on itunes , it told me it was already in DFU mode and i tried restoring it. It extracet the software but when it got to the point where it prepares ipod for restore, it stays stuck on it for 5-10 mins and then tells me that there was an error. (sometimes no. 1604, another 1601). Another thing i noticed is that, it stays stuck on the apple logo and every 5 minutes the screen turns white, then black, then the apple logo comes back up again and this every 5 minutes. I tried rebooting my brothers ipod touch 4gen which is also jailbroken on iOS 4.2.1 and the same thing happened. Now im stuck with two ipods stuck in DFu mode and i dont know what to do. Please help. Thanks already.

Owner of Ipod Touch 4th gen :apple:, MacBook 2007 2.16 Ghz 120 GB :apple:.

2. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

Press and hold the power and home buttons when in DFU mode for 10 seconds when plugged into your PC/Mac and you will hear it disconnect. then start it normally once its off

3. ffmmm123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip although i already tried this. When i try to do that, it turns to the white screen, then the black screen then the apple just comes up again and its just like before. :(

4. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

Hmm, connect it to your computer, then power off, then press and hold the power button for 3 seconds, then the home button without releasing the power button for 15, then let go of the power button and hold until iTunes recognises a device in recovery mode. might take 3 or 4 goes at doing this.

Even if your iPod shows connect to iTunes or goes white in the middle of this process, keep going and it should work.