Ipod touch stuck in recovery / apple logo screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whitefangsz, Jun 9, 2010.

1. whitefangsz macrumors newbie

Ok so I jail broke my Ipod touch 3g 3.1.3 with spirit jailbreak. Every thing was great, except I installed some invalid sources and I couldn't get any new sources (stuck on downloading packages) any way, I was forced to restore my Ipod touch (Atleast that's what I thought I was doing) I went into ipod touch settings and clicked remove all data and then my ipod touch went into a little loading screen. After that it went into an apple logo screen for about 3 hours. I didn't know what to do.

So here's what I've done. If I hold down power + home button for like 25 seconds the screen goes black, then goes back to logo screen, then goes connect to itunes screen and my PC recognizes my ipod touch in recovery mode BUT not itunes.

What do I do? Thanks a lot!!!

2. whitefangsz thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow! figured out the problem!

For every one out there that has 64 bit windows xp and has modded itunes to install in 64 bit and has the problem above you might be out of luck! lucky for me I had an extra pc that was 32 bit and I plugged my ipod touch into that PC instead of the one I have been using (XP 64 + modded itunes) and itunes recognized my ipod touch in recovery mode and offered to restore it for me =)

So the reason why my ipod touch wasn't being recognized by itunes is because I had a modded version of itunes that I guess wasn't working perfectly (Atleast for restore mode, every thing else worked fine)

YAY!!