IPod touch stuck on boot logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Muppetsliveon, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Muppetsliveon macrumors newbie

Yesterday morning I turned my IPod touch 2g on just as usual and it froze. So I reset it and it has been stuck on the boot logo since. I've tried resetting it and I've tried hooking it up to ITunes. I've had this same ipod since 9th grade (12th grader now) and I can't get it to do anything. Please help.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Put it in DFU mode (Google it) and restore it in iTunes. You will lose all data that is currently on it, but that is already go as you reset it.

3. Muppetsliveon thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

5. Muppetsliveon thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You didn't correctly out it into DFU mode. It does take a few try's to get the timing correct. Plug it into your computer. Press and hold both buttons for exactly 10 seconds. Ignore whatever is on the screen. After 10 seconds, release the power/sleep button and continue to hold the home button for an additional 15 seconds. iTunes will then detect it in recovery mode and the iPod's screen will be black or off. This is DFU mode. Click restore in iTunes to restore it to iOS 4.2.1.

7. Muppetsliveon thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it. Thank you, I appreciate the help. :D I see you have Narf from Sesame Street's Monster Clubhouse as your profile pic. Im a muppets fan.

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes it is. :D You're the first to get where he's from. But that Narf is a reproduction I made for my high school art class. He's currently hanging in my closet. He needs a revamp though.