iPod Touch stuck on repeat

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by regulusblack, Dec 9, 2010.

1. regulusblack macrumors member

My boss's iPod Touch is stuck on repeat and we can't figure out how to fix it. There's no repeat icon showing up on the now viewing screen. He's got 3.1.3 on it. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks!

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoG5jJ3E8rg

Sorry, I felt that was necessary.

Anyhow, a restore in iTunes would probably work best to fix that. You may want to try resetting it by holding the home and lock buttons for 10 seconds first, so you don't have to go through the restore process, as it takes a little while.

3. regulusblack thread starter macrumors member

I can't watch the video because it's blocked at work...oh well. :/

Resetting it didn't work, but he's going to restore it when he gets home and hopefully that will. Thanks for the help!

4. regulusblack thread starter macrumors member

He restored it last night and updated it to the newest software, and it's still stuck on repeat with no place to turn it off.

Anyone know what's going on?

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did he try tapping the album artwork in Now Playing view? Tapping toggles the display between showing and not showing repeat and other function buttons.

6. G42X500macguy macrumors newbie

Night Spring's got it

In album art view whilst playing, there's some tiny icons. The Genius one is the most obvious. The repeat icon is very faint, top lefthand side. It's easy to press it by accident (which I do at the gym regularly.) Just press it again to turn it off. It looks like a horizontal ellipse with an arrow head on the long section of the top and bottom.

Who will be the first to make fun of me for my description of the symbol?

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Actually, I think you need to press it twice to turn it off. It cycles from No Repeat > Repeat All > Repeat Current Song Only.

No comment on the description of the icon. :D

8. regulusblack thread starter macrumors member

That was it! Neither of us knew that tapping it made that part of the display show/not show.

Haha, I feel dumb now. Thanks everyone for the help!

9. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Yeah...I can't agree with you any more. This is the best way to solve some difficult miscellaneous diseases from iPod. But if your iPod can't access ios, I think you need to restore it now.