Ipod Touch Stuck with White Apple Logo Screen of Death

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dart88, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Dart88 macrumors newbie

A friend recently gave me an iPod Touch, but it has been perpetually stuck on the screen with the white apple logo. I've tried resetting it numerous times thus far (held the wake/sleep button and home key until it shut off, continued holding the home key when the apple logo reappears etc.); however, I've never received a prompt to connect to iTunes.

So, I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do to fix it other than A) keep trying or B) send it in to get it repaired. If anyone has any suggestions, please help!

Edit: If it helps at all, it does flash to the charging screen when it is low on power. Also, when the white apple logo screen is on the iPod while charging, the entire screen seems to flash periodically.

2. pilotrtc macrumors regular

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean you connected it to your computer, launched iTunes, but the device did not show up?

Besides all that, it sounds like the OS is locked in some sort of loop. If you haven't yet hooked it up to iTunes, I suggest you try. If you're lucky, it will show up and then you'll have to restore it.

If it was a gift of a new and under warranty device, I suggest running over to Apple with it.