iPod Touch syncing issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lentife, Dec 27, 2007.

1. lentife macrumors member

lentife

Hi!
    I bought an iPod Touch 16GB and I'm not happy at all.
    I synced it using my MacBook and it only worked partially:
    When I try to sync a new TV-Show, it starts syncing and after a while an error code appears saying that iTunes can't find the the iPod disk, and it stops syncing there.
    The iPod works, but I don't have all Album Artworks, but only a few, although they're ok on iTunes..
    I have some video podcasts, but I still can't sync all my videos such as TV-shows purchased from iTunes.

AND sometimes I connect it and iTunes wants to restore it. I select "restore from backup", it does, but then it asks again. the window "Set up your iPod" appears every time! I tried to restore it completely but it didn't help...

I really don't know what it is, because everything worked on my iPod Nano 3G (videos, too). :confused: :confused:

Thank you so much for an answer, and a happy new Year!!

2. Quit / macrumors newbie

I'm having similar problems, only mine won't load music.

I'd recommend sending it back, because if you just put up with it it will never work properly. You have a duff one.

Get a refund, wait until they've sorted it out (second or third generation should do it - bit like Microsoft dev there, eh?)

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That has happened to me only once.

4. lentife thread starter macrumors member

lentife

I Did It!

Hey guys! Believe it or not, I did it!
    I jailbroke my iTouch by downgrading to 1.1.1, then installing installer.app and then upgrading again to 1.1.2.
    Maybe it worked because it restored completely or rebooted a few times...
    but I'm happy, because it works now, AND I have many cool APPS !!! :D
    :apple: forever!

5. Kkatyboo macrumors member

congrats too you!!!!

I am still having problems with syncing though. :(
    My ipod touch week 43 i got for xmas wont sync any new music anymore! I am so confused and dont know what to do. I synced all my songs on AFTER i updated it to 1.1.2

6. lentife thread starter macrumors member

lentife

try this:
    connect it to your computer.
    don't open iTunes .
    click and hold the home button and the lock button on your iTouch.
    when the apple logo appears (about 6 seconds after holding them)
    only release the lock button and kerpthe home button pressed.
    When the "connect to iTunes "button appears, releanse thw button and manually Open iTunes.
    this causes a complete restore: you'll lose all your files.

Hope this works!

Then try to sync step by step. First contacts then music etc.

7. kuksoolwon1 macrumors newbie

do I have to lose all my songs cause got new computer

Daughter has Ipod touch. Been purching songs from i-tunes for almost a year. so obviously syncked ipod touch to computer. That computer crashed. got new lap top. When try to buy from i-tunes says not synced- try to sync and get message that says it is going to delete all songs already purchased so it can sync to new computer. Do i have to lose all songs cause purchased them from computer that has crashed and need to sync to new lap top? Please help. Mom and daughter at a loss!@#*!

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you have a PC, google "sharepod." Use this program to copy your songs from ipod to computer. If you have a Mac, there should be a similar program for Macs, google "copy songs from ipod to Mac." Good luck.

9. na1577 macrumors 6502a

In iTunes:

- Click Store > Sign in
    - Enter the login details for the account used to make the iTunes purchases.
    - Plug in the iPod
    - iTunes will tell you that the iPod has been synced with another computer and needs to be erased in order to sync. Click cancel.
    - Right click the iPod itself in the devices menu (it's on the left side of the iTunes window, beneath Library, Store...)
    - Click transfer purchases. This will move the purchased content (applications, music) back into iTunes. This will not preserve content that was loaded into iTunes through importing or other sources.

Note: Next time, make a new thread rather than bumping a 2-year old thread.