iPod touch thinks its an iPhone on iTunes!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brendanspah764, Jan 24, 2008.

1. brendanspah764 macrumors regular

brendanspah764

This really sucks! :mad:
    I have just put my iPod on my dock, and it took awhile for iTunes to go on. When it does it gets an error saying "iPhone detected, Cannot read."
    I tried restarting the computer, and restarting iTunes. I still get the same thing. I don't want to restore because if that doesn't work, well, i got a iPod-less iPod...
    So does anybody know how to fix this or if anyone has had this problem?

Thanks

2. Kanye macrumors newbie

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Have you tried resetting your iPod (by holding down the sleep and home button)? If that doesn't work, then restore through iTunes, if all that fails, then bring it in to the Genius Bar. And is your touch JailBroken or not?

4. brendanspah764 thread starter macrumors regular

brendanspah764

No, my iPod touch is not jailbroke. And I will try restoring it. I'll tell you what the progress is.

5. brendanspah764 thread starter macrumors regular

brendanspah764

Alright Now!

Never mind! I restarted the computer and the iPod synced to iTunes, but I still wonder what the problem was? Hmm...:confused:

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

are you running an old version of iTunes? Some older ones thought the iPod touch is an iPhone.

7. brendanspah764 thread starter macrumors regular

brendanspah764

Nope. I got iTunes 7.6 and the January Software Update. So far, I haven't had any more problems with the iPod touch/iPhone thing. :D

8. shrew macrumors newbie

Having similar problem with mine, I have done everything possible, upgrading down grading, reinstalling, registry cleaning but still Itunes think my Ipod touch is an Iphone and wont connect, it works fine on other computers but I need it to work on my PC.

9. ndheah macrumors regular

Mine said Unable to Read iPhone just 10 minutes ago, I unplugged the USB cable from my PC and reapplied it, and everything is working fine now.