iPod Touch to be released tomo in London after press conference?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spinstorm, Sep 17, 2007.

1. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I have read that the Apple store in London will remain open till 10 pm tomorrow night after the press conference.

I know its almost certain Apple will announce the iPhone being released here in the UK but I find it hard to believe they will start selling iPhones tomorrow as soon as the conference is over!

9to5mac has said that Apple employees are due a 90min briefing tomo at 2pm before the store opens at 4pm! which means something will be in the shop tomo on sale that was not before...

I dont see the staff needing over an hour to sell a new iPod but I can see them needing that time to explain how to sell the iphone!

But as far as I know a new phone has never been announced and then released immediately on sale in the UK.

So on that basis is it possible than they may launch the iPod touch tomorrow on sale after annoucing the iPhone will be out very soon?

Or could Apple surprise everyone and release iPhones for immediate sale tomorrow when the shop opens at 4pm?

any thoughts? If they launch an iPod touch I may just get the train down there and buy one!

One last thought - could the badly produced Touchs be down to Apple making extra iPhones for tomorrows launch?

2. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Might just be iPhone displays and taking preorders.

3. jmack549 macrumors 6502

Aw, don't crush this guy's dreams.

4. spinstorm thread starter macrumors 65816

I dont see why they would stay open till late if they have nothing to sell that is new! maybe they will have display models I can look at if Im interested!

But Apple may surprise us you never know!

5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I spoke to a member of staff there on saturday and he said he was guessing the briefing was on how to use the Touch/iPhone interface as unlike the US employees the system is new to them. Makes sense......
    I for one am pretty certain Touches will go on sale tomorrow afternoon,

SHadoW

6. spinstorm thread starter macrumors 65816

The beauty of it is that we will have plenty of time to find out whats happening and get to the shop by 4pm if they do start selling them.

To be honest I am not sure if I want an iPhone but even if they have them I want to go have a play with it!

Ill see you there! (not that I know what you look like!)