iPod Touch to data projector??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PeterSmith, Oct 30, 2007.

1. PeterSmith macrumors member

Instead of lugging a 17" MacBook Pro across town when I lecture, it would be great just to be able to pocket an iPod Touch (and leave a cable to hand) and drive a presentation like that.

is that possible??? There doesn't, for example, seem to be a cable sold taking video out from an iPod to a VGA connector that could be linked up to a data projector.

2. cwolves macrumors regular

just get a normal TV-out cable for the touch (actually I'm not certain that there are any, but there will be soon if they're not out yet) and hook it up to the projector like that.

As of right now you'd need to convert your presentations to videos and play them, but that'll probably be changed soon with some random 3rd party app.

3. PeterSmith thread starter macrumors member

Ah ... can't be done unless I dangle off the ceiling at the back of the lecture theatre. :rolleyes: I'm reliant on the connection available on-stage at the front, which is a VGA cable. Fine for plugging in a laptop (as long as you remember your DVI-to-VGA cable); but not, it seems for an iPod???

4. cwolves macrumors regular

get a VGA-->composite cable: http://search.ebay.com/vga-composite

5. PeterSmith thread starter macrumors member

That sounds the wrong way round --- it would have to be iPod to composite to VGA into dataprojector. Is there such a thing as composite to VGA without a little box in between?

Interesting that there are no other replies. Has anyone actually got this sort of trick happily working?

6. timclarke07 macrumors newbie

I have not personally tried this solution but it might work.

1) Purchase an Apple iPod Video Cable (Apple Store $19.99)
    2) Purchase an Up Converter (AV Toolbox AVT3300) to convert the composite video to VGA (B&H Photo Video $74.95)

This is a low cost solution that may or may not give you the best quality. Call B&H. They have helped me numerous times with other AV/computer issues.

www.bhphotovideo.com

(800) 606-6969

Good luck!

7. bolen78 macrumors newbie

Use this adapter for ipod to VGA projecotr

hey guys I had the same issue, so I finally found this connector, it allows me to connect the ipod touch with the component output to the VGA projector, it's cheap too, only $15
    I searched forever then finally found this. It has female RGB conectors so you can just plug the male end of the RGB cable into the cable.
    http://www.pcsuperstore.com/products/H79760-InFocus-SP-VESA-ADPT-R.html/froogle/