iPod Touch to-do list on wallpaper, what's the app called?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by firestarter, Jan 1, 2009.

1. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

I remember reading about an app that let you add notes or to-do items, then it displayed these on the iPod's wallpaper.

I'd really like to buy this - since I need a reminder of what I have to do when I switch the machine on (I doubt that I would get into the habit of running an app to view to-do items).

Does anyone know what the name of this app is?

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

nope, but what you can do is, go into Notes and type up your list, and take a screen shot( hold down Home and the then hit the off button on top). then go and change your wallpaper, to match the screenshot you took.

3. firestarter thread starter macrumors 603

firestarter

No really, I'm pretty sure that the app exists and was a recommendation on the MacBreak podcast.

4. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

yeah, me too but i have no idea what it is called.

5. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

There is an App called "Things" which is a to-do manager. Not sure if it will displays lists as a wallpaper but it's worth having a look at as it seems popular. Costs £5.99 in the UK store.

6. firestarter thread starter macrumors 603

firestarter

OK. Through the use of some elite google-fu I think I've found the app I was looking for:

http://air-o-matic.com/2008/11/sticky-notes/

It's not quite as automated as I remembered (once the app's generated the wallpaper you need to manually put it in place) but I'll give it a go.

Thanks all for your help...

7. reubs macrumors 68000

I know what you're talking about, I thought it was "Today". I looked, though, and I'm mistaken. I also don't think it was "Sticky Notes" that I remember seeing.

What I saw was something that could be tagged with colors and organized into lists, but it's driving me crazy that I can't find it!

I'll keep looking and let y'all know the one I'm thinking of.

8. reubs macrumors 68000

I think what you're looking for is "Done!" I saw it on Macworld's site the other day, and here's the link to the Chilli X page:

http://chillix.wordpress.com/done-the-to-do-list-for-the-rest-of-us/

9. firestarter thread starter macrumors 603

firestarter

No - it wasn't "Done!"

The wallpaper feature on "Done!" seems like a bit of a cheat. You can use that method to set wallpaper in any app - it's not exactly an application feature that the Chilli X guys have implemented!

Thanks for pointing it out though - it does look like a polished app.

I'm actually now trying to get back into OmniFocus. I bought it cheaply while it was a Beta, but never got into it. Just upgraded to 1.5 and it seems a lot better now.