iPod Touch to new iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrpalmer420, Apr 1, 2008.

1. mrpalmer420 macrumors regular

mrpalmer420

Hi all,

Well i am sitting here at work with my brand "new" refurb 24" iMac sitting in a box next to me and i cannot get anything done.

I have been using a PC for so long and my Touch is obviously synced to that. i have two questions.

1) To move my music over from the laptop to the imac can I do this through my router by getting the IP addy of the PC? (will it import all of my ratings and album art as well?)

2) Will i have to restore my ipod in order for it to work on the mac?

3) (ok i lied three questions) I purchased the Apps for my touch. i really do not want to lose them as they cost me $20. If i do have to restore will the apps still be there?

Thank you guys for the help.

TJ

2. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

nothing will be lost on your mac. I recently switched from a PC to a MBP and there were no problems. You might actually be able to sinc your itunes library from your touch. I used my old ipod video to do this and i enabled disc use and then saved the music as a file, created a folder on my mac and then put the songs from the ipod to the folder and then from the folder to itunes. my only problem was that it took a little while, so i loaded it, made/ate supper and it was done.

3. nick9191 macrumors 68040

On the mac if you go to  logo in the top right, then to sys pref, then sharing, then turn on file sharing, then sort out the stuff you want shared, then on the pc in explorer you should just be able to go to \\nameofmac then stick in your tunes.

It won't restore the ipod, it will just sync it with that computer, so all your apps should still be there (if for some reason they weren't then Apple would give you a refund and you can buy them again, unlikely this would happen unless some kind of error).

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

To copy your music across take a look at [guide]Copying Music from old PC to new Mac[/guide]