Hi, all I've got the first generation iPod touch. I am not sure if the battery is dead or something. I cant turn it on at all if I dont plug it in. If I plug the charging cable in, I manage to get to the Apple logo, then after like 1 sec, it shuts down. What could be the issue? Do you think it's the battery or some other hardware issue? Also, I have replaced the front screen like 3 years ago. I don't remember if the device stopped working after that. I just want to get a diagnostics on what could be problem so I could buy the part and fix it myself. Apple said it costs $150 to replace the 1st gen iPod touch, and $80 for the battery! I can find the battery on eBay for $2!! Anyways, help would be much appreciated, thanks.