Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applepwns

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
I know they updated the ipod touches in september at the Let's Rock event but is their any chance with macworld right around the corner that apple will boost storage? so that the 8gb will be discontinued and it will be 16, 32, 64?

Thanks,
Justin

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Nobody knows.
Although, a 64GB model is suspected to be released, but then I have no idea how the line up would work.
And 2.2 is suspected to come out in January at MacWorld 2009.

03 Hodag

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I'm also really hoping that Apple will release a 64 gig iPod Touch.

The 1st generation Touch was originally released in Sept '07 with both 8 and 16 gig models, then the 32 gig model was released 5 months later in the beginning of Feb '08.

I've held off (its been a struggle) of buying a 2nd generation Touch with the hope that, like last year, the capacity will be doubled after the holidays, perhaps after MacWorld '09.

I've got my fingers crossed.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Nobody knows.
Although, a 64GB model is suspected to be released, but then I have no idea how the line up would work.
And 2.2 is suspected to come out in January at MacWorld 2009.

actually 2.2 is suspected to come out before thanksgiving

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
actually source makes sense. why? ipod nano, ipod classic were just updated for new feature with earphone and others. so it's time to update ipod touch, iphone software as well. so Apple is ready to ship new in-earphone even though 2.2 has few new features on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.