iPod touch upgrade to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macfanboy, Jun 16, 2009.

1. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

If you have the 3.0 GM, does that mean you don't have to pay the $10 for the 3.0 software?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

You need to buy the upgrade if you want to be honest. Where would you get the GM if you're not a developer anyway?

3. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

ah.. in that case I really don't know the rules for developers.

5. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

Speaking of 3.0, I know it comes out tomorrow. But does anyone know what time? Like does it come out at midnight or something?

6. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

I think you don't have to pay. as a matter of fact, you will receive another SDK and iphone firmware beta through the site. that's the way you get advantage of it. by the way, 3.0GM seed is official version now. why? I checked new iphone 3Gs firmware. it said '7A341'. it was yesterday when I saw.

7. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats what my first thought was, but they wouldnt have to change the build number if they just removed an expiration date from a gm seed... would they?

8. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

I think gold master version is not the same as beta. it has no expiration date just like iphone 2.0 GM version was. if it is, you still need UUID activation. it's actually official version as you know because it doesn't say 'beta' anyway. by the way, 3.0 software seems to release early today on itunes. I checked it out. it's US itunes store. I checked update mine. it said 'mine is already up to date'. so I guess that build number 7A341 just became official.

9. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

you will not have to pay again. i also have 3.0 GM and this comes up when you go to the download page (see attachment). this is not fake. HERE is the link. The download page is up it's just that the download button doesn't work right now. I take no credit for finding that link. i got it from a thread started by Markleshark

Attached Files:

10. rcdeacon macrumors newbie

rcdeacon

It is NOT working for me. I was able to purchase but NOT able to download. Not sure if the server is slammed or it is a timing issue.

11. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

he said the dl button doesnt work... thats why it doesnt work lol

12. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

download page might work now. I did the same thing. it asked me itunes account, password. I typed it. then, it processed. I got the same page which I have already 3.0 software.

13. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

are you a registered developer? if you are, it probly is showing that youve already dl'ed it because your dev account is linked to your itunes account (through the apple id).

14. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

no i'm not :p

15. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

then its probly showing because the software bundle is in the iPod Software Updates folder?

16. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

that's what i was thinking. but it could also be that i've synced my 3.0 iPod with it because i moved 3.0 out of the Updates folder and restarted iTunes and it said the same thing. the only time that it said "Buy for $9.95" instead of "Download" was when i wasn't signed in.

17. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

18. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

so close, yet so far

19. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

This website always has updated firmware for free, so when 3.0 comes out, just get it from here:

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

it is the first result if you just google "iPod firmware."

20. dborja macrumors 6502a

I was wondering if people have found otherwise. I am a developer and have installed the 3.0GM beta on my Touch. Do I still need the "official" version which, BTW, is also 7A341?

TIA