iPod touch upgrade woes

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by TuffLuffJimmy, Jan 15, 2008.

1. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

okay, so I'm a little confused

I understood that I wouldn't be able to downgrade my iPod touch after I updated to 1.1.3 and that's fine, but I was surprised to find really nothing new except the applications for purchase from apple.

Am I correct in thinking that there is no way to reorganize my home page, and no way to ad web apps to the home page?

another problem is it's supposed to say iPod up the corner, but I changed that when I jail broke my iPod and it's still changed. And this is after I put the iPod in recovery mode and erased everything before I updated. Is it stuck with 'Jimmy' up in the top? I'd really like to get rid of it.

2. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Oh, I understand now. I have to buy ALL the new stuff. I thought it was just the iPhone apps.

So is there anything new in the iPod update? or is it just the dock?

But I'm still really bummed about the Carrier icon in the menubar, does anyone have a fix for that?

3. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

The iPod update gives you update to play movie rentals, have chapter selection, select which language to play movie in (if movie supports it), and gives you lyrics for music displayed.

4. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I don't think it has music lyrics, that's another thing you must pay for.:(

5. MaLt macrumors newbie

6. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Just tap once on the album art to bring up the time scrubber and it will bring up the lyrics over the album art.

7. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Doesn't work, unless you pay the extra 20 dollars.

8. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

The iPT update was worse than I thought then if this is the case. The iPhone one would be nearly worthwhile going back to a non-jailbrkoken model but this is worthless in my eyes

9. delude macrumors 6502

Try restoring your iPod again. I restored my older one before I took it to the Apple shop and noticed the same, my name was still in the corner. I restored again, and it fixed it.

10. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

To avoid having your name transfered over to your new 1.1.3, you must NOT revert to a previous backup. The downside, you won't get any of your settings back like bookmarks but, if you do revert to the iPod backup that has your name, it will always keep coming back. It sucks... I know.