ipod touch usb cord

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by henhao, Dec 30, 2010.

1. henhao macrumors newbie

Just got the new iPod Touch (ordered from Amazon). As I was detaching the USB cord from the iPod, I noticed the two white parts sheathing the silver connector slipped off. There were no mobile parts in my last iPod USB cord, so I'm assuming this is not a "feature" but a defective cord? It looks like whoever put the cord together forgot to glue these parts together or something.

Assuming the cord should not be like this, could anyone advise me on the easiest way to get the cord replaced? Should I be able to take this in to my local apple store and get a replacement easily, or will I have to go through a less convenient process?

Thanks for your feedback and help.

2. transmaster, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

You are absolutely correct the Apple USB docking cable is a piece of junk. The insulation on every one I have had cracks, breaks up, and pulls away from the connectors. It is too bad Monoprice no longer sells these cables, Apple threatened them with a lawsuit over unauthorized Apple accessories. The real reason was the cables where of better quality and cost $1.48 cent each. Thankfully I ordered a half a dozen before this happened. Take the cable to your local Apple store for replacement then just leave in the package, and put it in a drawer. Instead get your cables from somebody else not Apple.

3. mchad macrumors member

they are $.99 with free shipping on ebay.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah just buy a few cables from fleabay or amazon.