iPod Touch v1.1.4 HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adudeinblue, Mar 4, 2008.

1. adudeinblue macrumors newbie

I opened itunes and it asked to update my ipod touch to 1.1.4. My ipod touch (16 gig) came with the 1.1.3 update and it is NOT jailbreak. It's completely clean from any of that.

When I was installing the update from itunes, it started to backing up my ipod files then went to install. It ended with an error 1604 or something along that line and my ipod stopped working.

My ipod can be turned on and off, but it will have the ipod charger with an arrow to the itunes icon. And when i leave it alone, the ipod ends up turning itself off! I try to connect it to itunes, and my itunes wont detect it anymore.

Any help would be highly appreciated. this is my first mac product and I was disappointed already by the itunes program and now worried about my ipod. I bought it directly from apple.com as well. i tried searching on their support, and there was no help. the closest thing they had was the 1.1.3 help.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Try restoring the software on your iPod, also don't publish your serial number on the internet as it can get picked up by scammers.

3. adudeinblue thread starter macrumors newbie

My itunes wont detect my ipod touch. is there another way to restore it besides itunes?

thanks, i editted my original post

4. adudeinblue thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I have. the 5 r's didn't help. I was thinking of sending an online support help with this because it doesnt seem like a lot of people are experiencing the samething with my ipod

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Are you Mac or PC?

Either way to be honest I suggest you contact Apple support about it.