iPod touch versus iPod classic

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thericwu, Sep 30, 2007.

1. thericwu macrumors newbie

Well, I'm in a bit of a quagmire...I can't decide between the iPod Touch and the iPod Classic.

My music collection is at about 6.23 GB, but it is expanding, and I'll probably use up the 8 (7.2) GB that the iPod Touch has in a 12-18 months.

My movie/tv show collection is vast (50-60 GB), but I don't NEED to have my entire collection w/ me at all times ... 10-15 GB for movies is fine.

Essentially, should I buy the iPod Classic now, or wait for a bigger iPod Touch?

What are the predictions for bigger memory on the iPod Touch.

I'd get the 16 GB, but I'm on a budget, so I don't want to spend more than 300 dollars.

Any response would be appreciated.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

The touch will be upgraded, but not for a while. You'd be better off buying the Classic now, rather than waiting for iPod touch Rev. B :)

3. rusty. macrumors member

rusty.

4. TimJim macrumors 6502a

5. jne381 macrumors regular

I got my touch on Friday, and I love the thing, but I did go through the same choice as you.

However, only get the touch if the capabilities it does have will be particularly useful to you. For me, having the web browser that I can get to my email when I am at school was the great thing. That and being to read the news makes it so I don't need a laptop, plus I have a large portion of my music with me at all times. A stand alone mail app, and the ability to add to the calendar would have been helpful, but I can live without them.

6. thericwu thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone think it will come out next fall?

7. thericwu thread starter macrumors newbie

8. pushateg7 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

keep your classic. ive fit a whole season on the touch and it has swallowed almost half of the touch's space. which is fine with me because thats all im looking to keep on me.

edit: i have the 16gb touch

9. spacefm macrumors newbie

no mail client on ipod Touch!

i am still shocked there is NO MAIL CLIENT on the Touch.

I will NOT BUY one until there is.

I am pretty disappointed in Apple that they took functionality away from the Iphone to make the touch.

Lack of an editable Calendar app and microphone isn't fun either.

Apple! put the mail client on the touch so that we don't have to be frustrated simply checking our frigging mail.

10. Newton User macrumors newbie

You guys still remember that the iPod touch is what it is - An iPod ? It's not been designed to replace your Blackberry or any other PDA all in one and now. If that's what you need immediately, you would need to go for an iPhone.

11. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

i would've gotten the iPod classic, except the screen is faar too small for movies

i'm sorry , but for movies, i'm going with the largest screen i can possibly get

12. Merkuryy macrumors regular

Merkuryy

My guess is a 8G 249$, a 16G 299$, a 32G 399$ next fall. But I decide to buy a 8G in November rather than a 80G, for I already have a 5G iPod(30G). Thus I envy the 30-40 hours audio playback, the Touch is a more special device-----Blah!!! Go for the Touch