iPod Touch Video From Handbrake not Working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by prnoct90, Oct 13, 2008.

1. prnoct90 macrumors regular

I recently ripped a video with handbrake and it will not go onto my ipod touch. Im pretty sure I set all of the settings correctly and I've gotten videos to work with handbrake before but for some reason this one isn't. Is there a way for me to post the details of the video file so people can figure out what's wrong? Thanks!

2. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

try run the vid through visualhub to set it to the ipod touch format.

3. ckhskr macrumors newbie

I've had nothing but problems using Handbrake. I try using the built in defaults "iPod Touch" and it converts the video and I can bring it into iTunes and even my touch but when I try playing the video my touch states "This movie could not be played." I wish I could find a good
    converter that would work.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I rip it from DVD using Handbrake, and then always run it through iSquint (I used to have the same problem when only using Handbrake, I've never had problems while using iSquint). However, this only helps if you have a Mac; I don't believe the PC version of Handbrake allows you to rip from DVDs, and iSquint is Mac-only (although that and Visual Hub were both recently discontinued anyway).