iPod Touch, Video playlist while locked

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xa0s, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Xa0s macrumors newbie

Hey all. New to the macrumors forum!

I just bought myself an iPod touch 4th gen, which is mainly used for in car entertainment; instead of having music, I have music videos.

Now I found out that to shuffle the list, I just have to have them in a playlist- Done :).

However, sometimes I'd like to carry my iPod with me and NOT watch the videos, but listen to the audio, I know I can lock the iPod and listen to 1 video track, but how do I have the iPod locked and listen to the entire shuffle'in playlist?

Thanks.

2. appfan168 macrumors newbie

Solution

Hi,

Go to itunes and change the classification of your videos from "movie" to "music video".

1. Go to iTunes and find the video(s) you want to change and right-click on it with the mouse and select "Get Info".

***To change multiple videos at once, highlight all the videos then right-click on them.

2. Go to the Options tab and look for the entry called Media. Then select music video.

3. It will take a minute or so for each video to update the media type.

You can highlight mulitple videos and do it all at once. Once you change the classification, your videos will move into the music section of iTunes. No need to change your playlists, they will work properly after you sync your iphone.

Keep in mind that you will also see the same videos under the video section labeled music video on your iphone. If you play from here, you can't play it when the screen is locked. It will only play while the screen is locked if you play it from your playlist or if you click on the video under the music sections (Playlists, Artists, Songs)

Enjoy!

3. Xa0s thread starter macrumors newbie

Holy crap!! I'm sooo sorry I didn't reply a thank you earlier!

I managed to figure it out (your way haah) because I didn't get an email notification of a reply message! I'm sorry!

Thanks heaps for your help though! you're awesome :D!!