Ipod Touch Video question? TV/Movie?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gaines.michael, Oct 22, 2007.

1. gaines.michael macrumors newbie

gaines.michael

I've been converting video for the touch nop problem lately using videora for PC. My problem is though is I'm wondering how you can designate the different video files as TV Shows or Movies to determine which category they are under in Itunes and on the touch? Currently I have like 6 seasons of South Park all under the movies section and it makes it way jumbled to navigate through. How does Itunes decide what is a movie and what is a tv show?

2. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

Do 'Get Info' on your file and in the Video section, select the "Video Kind". You can pick Movie, TV Show or Music Video from the list of choices. :)

3. DeadlyB macrumors member

Mac Only

Is this something you do in iTunes or the Mac OS? I am running Windows XP.

4. triela macrumors member

Right-click on a TV show file in iTunes. Change the Video Type to "TV Show."

...or you could have opened up iTunes yourself (in XP) and figured it out in less time than it took for you to ask the question, just like I did.

5. DeadlyB macrumors member

Yes, that's true. :D

However, I'm not at a machine that has iTunes on it, and I honestly expected that this wasn't in iTunes.

Thanks, though, for the reply.

6. gaines.michael thread starter macrumors newbie

gaines.michael

7. gaines.michael thread starter macrumors newbie

gaines.michael

It's going to be a major pain doing each TV show separately and typing in the information. Any ideas on how to tag multiple shows at once as tv shows? Itunes doesn't seem to like you doing multiple files simultaneously.

8. DeadlyB macrumors member

Yes, it is very slow going. iTunes rewrites the file every time it updates a tag (and those files are large).

The nice thing is that I have thumbnails for each video now embedded along with the correct name and info and not just a filename.

The things that appear in the listing are the Name under the Info tab, and the Season and Episode under the Video tab. You can also embed artwork for each video file (which is very nice as I have that).

The best part of course is that it doesn't put the files under the main listing, but only has the show listed under TV shows and then each episode in it's own sub listing, making the main listing cleaner.

Thanks again for all the info on this. I simply had no idea I could do this: I thought I was stuck with a big long list of videos with unhelpful names and icons.