Ipod Touch volume too loud

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jw2002, Oct 26, 2009.

1. jw2002 macrumors 6502

I have had a 2g ipod touch for about 6 months now, and this afternoon its volume when playing musing through headphones is always too loud. Adjusting the volume has no effect except when set to zero. In other words, moving the slider all the way to the left makes it mute correctly, but sliding anywhere to the right is full volume. In addition the Settings->Music->Volume Control has no effect even when it is all the way at the minimum. I've tried a full restart of the ipod a couple of times, but no improvement. No new music or apps were installed; it simply went from having volume control to being 100% full volume all the time.

I'm wondering if the volume limiting circuit in it is fried.

2. jw2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

So I took the ipod to the Genius Bar today, and they decided that it was a hardware fault. So they swapped my ipod for a new one.:)

3. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

did they have to listen to it or did they just replace it because I don't have apple headphones and am wondering if they are going to replace mine.

ps. i have a headphone jack problem too

4. jw2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, they listened to it to verify that the volume control really didn't work. They also did a restore to verify that it was not a software issue. I brought my headphones, but they used their own anyways.