iPod Touch vs. iTunes ... The Touch Crashes iTunes!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by astrostu, Sep 14, 2007.

1. astrostu macrumors 6502

Yes, I'm running OSX 10.4.10 and iTunes 7.4.1.

The ONLY way I can get my iPod Touch to sync with iTunes is if I have it unplugged and iTunes unopen. I plug in the Touch and iTunes opens, then starts to sync.

If iTunes is open and I plug the Touch in, it freezes iTunes and I have to force quit. If the iTouch is then still plugged in and I launch iTunes, it freezes and I have to force quit.

The only thing I can think of is that it's yet another iTunes bug (though doubtful since no one else is reporting this) OR it's an issue with plugging it into a USB 1 port since I don't have USB 2 on my 6-year-old G4.

Ideas?

2. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

You're not the only one. My Photo is having problems syncing since I updated to iTunes just recently. I'm experiencing pretty much the same problem.

I'm on a Vista laptop with USB 2.0

3. madatmymac macrumors newbie

iTouch crashing iTunes!

I'm having the same problem lately. Even if I already have iTunes open. As soon as I connect my iTouch it freezes iTunes and I have to escape. I've tried several "solutions" from different places, deauthorizing, etc. but nothing seems to work. I'm frustrated. Any solutions yet? I've been running the latest version of iTunes and my iTouch has the newest software version I believe.
    :mad: