iPod Touch Warranty Exchange

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jazz1, Mar 15, 2008.

1. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I have an 16GB iPod Touch still under it's first year warranty, and backed up by Applecare. Lately my iPod Touch has been re-booting all by itself in Safari, in Mail, about one or two times a day. The Apple Genius has agreed to swap me a new 16GB for my defective one. I asked if I could get a 32GB and pay the difference. He said no.

Well when we went to exchange he found he had no 16GB in stock, and I'd have to wait for a replacement. I thought then maybe he might relent and give me a 32GB if I paid the difference.

Now I'm worried I am going to get a refurbished iPod, and that maybe they really had new ones in the back room. Paranoid I know.

Should I press the 32GB with Apple? Should I refuse a refurbished iPod? Do they have to tell me if it is a refurbished one? I may be too picky I guess, and I know warranty replacements use refurbished equipment in the cell phone world.

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

It is a service part-- they were out of them when you stopped in-- happens all the time and they are not going to give you a new out-of-box one as a replacement.

If you want a 32gb, when you get your 16gb replacement, sell it and buy a new one-- they won't let you upgrade.