iPod Touch Warranty

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vince730, Aug 9, 2010.

1. vince730 macrumors member

Last year, I took advantage of the Back to School program and got a MacBook Pro and an iPod Touch. Both the headphones and the dock connnector cable have had problems since then. Around January, the headphones started falling apart (ear bud cover coming off) and then completely stopped working. The dock connector started fraying around the same time around the two ends and is now practically broken. I haven't been rough with them - Just general use over the last 11 months (or 4, in the case of the headphones) has caused these problems. (Definitely a quality issue though, as the headphones/cable from my 1G iPod Nano still work perfectly.)

My question is does the warranty on the iPod Touch cover the headphones and dock connector cable? My warranty expires in about a month, and if so, I'd like to take advantage and get them replaced before it's up. I still have the original receipt showing the purchase and the "Warranty effective though" date. I just don't want to make a genius bar appointment only to find out they won't replace them.

Thanks!

2. tactician1016 macrumors regular

tactician1016

The best answer i can give is "probably." Best case scenario is that you'll get a new dock cable and headphones. Worst case nothing. You can get a cable dirt cheap on ebay, and a great set of headphones for fairly low if you know where to look. *cnet*

3. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

You could probably get a cable replacement from an Apple Store but i suggest getting some different headphones. SkullCandy Ink'd possibly.