Ipod Touch Was Plugged Into Docking Device And Will Not Turn On Now!!! Help!! Please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by sophiacmilette, Feb 4, 2009.

1. sophiacmilette macrumors newbie

This was a while back my ipod was jailbroken by a friend, and it worked fine until when I was away my ipod was left plugged into a dock, ipod boombox sorta thing, and when i took it out it wouldn't start. I thought the batery was drained to I plugged it into the computer, but my itunes didn't even recognize that there was an Ipod plugged into my USB. Now many months later, i've been way to busy to do anything about it. I have read posts on here about things that we're similar to what has happend to mine. But my ipod won't even show the apple sign, so I can't put it into recovery mode. I just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on how I can fix it. Otherwise I'm going to be making a long trip to the apple store.
    Please anything that will help let me know
    thank you soo much in advance!

2. Sasuke-chan macrumors member

wow...

I'm not sure.. but it seems that jailbroken-related problems are not under apple's warranty..

now it makes me wonder if I should jailbreak my future ipod touch..

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

It's possible the battery was cooked from being left on a charger. You should try holding down both the home and power buttons at the same time for ten seconds or so and see if that will wake up your Touch.

Good luck, and tell us if you get it working.

4. sophiacmilette thread starter macrumors newbie

ive tried holding both buttoms
    it's not covered on my warrenty and it's going to cost me a lot of money
    i really hope the batterys not fried

5. sophiacmilette thread starter macrumors newbie

oh and also, when my ipods plugged into my computer
    it gets warm :confused:
    i dont know why