iPod Touch Water/Mouthwash Damage: Help Needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zubzzz, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Zubzzz macrumors newbie

I had my 32GB iPod Touch by the sink when I was opening a new bottle of mouthwash, and unfortunately this resulted in it spilling over my iPod Touch, my iPod Touch is absolutely fine (THANK GOD!:D) and the touch screen works but there's this watery/mouthwashy blue blob on the inside of the screen, are there any ways to fix this by hand, or should I just take it to my nearest Apple Store? :confused:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Are you making this up? :)

You could fix this yourself, but you risk making it worse. Apple could fix it, but it would cost you $99.

3. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

odd how the blob is in the middle
    take it to apple because if you managed to wipe up the sticky mess off the screen you'd probably end up ruining it and buying a new screen and you'd have to clean off the glass without leaving marks either

4. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

There is a thing i've heard of being successful sometimes where if you have water damage in your iPod and the iPod still works, to get the remaining liquid out put the iPod in a gladware container or a ziploc bag with dry rice in the container as well. After awhile, see if the rice has absorbed the liquid. If you don't want to do all that, take it to an Apple store and see what your options are. Good luck.