Ipod touch wet??? Any tips

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Courtney1513, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Courtney1513 macrumors newbie

Ok. I already feel stupid but I need help...my iPod touch feel into my water jug last night after practice. Literally for 3 seconds and I wiped it off and everything and it was still working perfectly. This has happened once b4 to the same iPod and it still worked perfectly but I woke up frm charging it for 5 hours and then I was playing on it. And it started acting like I was holding down the power button. It's a 2nd generation and I put it in rice this morning. I can't afford to take it to apple. I've had it for 2 years and it's 100$ to get a new one. Any tips or have I completely lost it

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Leave it in the rice in a warm cupboard for a week or so. Make sure it is off too!

3. aeneid macrumors member

Shouldn't have charged it. I'm going to guess that it was fine but then when you plugged it in to charge, it could have short circuited the ipod or something along that nature. Like previous poster said, put it in rice. I might suggest opening it and blow drying it in a worst case situation only. Goodluck.

Cheers