Ipod touch what a waste

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Od Id, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Od Id macrumors newbie

I dont get the point of going to version 2.0. I mean all the applications i want to use require internet capability. Why bother getting these applications when you can just use web aps instead? why waste the money?

Are there any applications that are free for offline use for yellowpages, maps, dictionary, or enclopedia would be nice for version 2.0. I dont see any of these available.

Anyone want to enlighten me?

2. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Your post makes no sense. Only some 2.0 apps require internet access, but ALL webapps do. :rolleyes: If you don't want 2.0, you don't have to get it. No one is forcing it on you.

3. JAT macrumors 603

I don't know about free apps (unles you jailbreak), but web apps only work on the web. Meaning, with net access. Which is not always available for most people with a Touch.

4. btija macrumors newbie

Web apps is not the only fix in this release! I loaded mine for other reasons that 1.1.4 would not do. Personally, i think its a great fix even though my usb plug got worn out during the conversion!:eek:

5. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Some applications and games don't require internet access. Actually, most of them don't.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Apps like Yellowpages etc require a connection because it would be ridiculous to download the entire phonebook onto your iPhone or iPod touch.

7. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

I think he's saying that if you have to use the internet, to, say, use the yellowpages app, you might as well just use safari and to go to the yellowpages site in the first place.

8. kgregg97 macrumors newbie

9. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

classic new member who joins to start a flame war. close thread.