Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ronix

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Well, just a few weeks out of warranty (purchased on launch) my iPod touch's Wi-Fi has gone missing. Sounds weird I know but here is a picture to show what I mean. Has this happened to anyone else? They wouldn't let me purchase apple care for the product so I have a iPod touch with out most of the capabilities that set it apart for other iPods.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    38.8 KB · Views: 131

Ronix

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Nope, I have been on the phone 3 times trying to get a different answer from them. Two said that I would have had to purchase apple care on or before September 21, 2008 and the other just said I was out of warranty and would have to pay for repair.

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2007
Reboot it via....

To reset the iPhone or iPod Touch, press and hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously at the same time for at least ten seconds, then the LCD display will clear and the Apple logo appears on the black background. When Apple logo appears, reset is done.

Ronix

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
I have tried everything under the sun. I believe that it is a hardware issue and nothing to do with the software/firmware just kind of a bad deal since a lot of apps are useless without being able to connect to a network. I just hope apple sees the problem and is able to fix it.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Nope, I have been on the phone 3 times trying to get a different answer from them. Two said that I would have had to purchase apple care on or before September 21, 2008 and the other just said I was out of warranty and would have to pay for repair.
Oh, so you were out of warranty when this happened and you tried to buy AppleCare after the fact? That makes sense. Anyhoo, if software restores to multiple firmware versions don't fix it, you'll have to get it repaired which will likely cost a pretty penny.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.