iPod Touch WiFi clarity.......

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Drewa1, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Drewa1 macrumors newbie

Okay this is it, I have my 3rd new ipod touch, itunes errors, BUT, when i am at home my WiFi works perfectly, and at some places it works awesome too, BUT at where i work it doesn't, i found out today they have a Wireless-G Linksys router. This makes me mad...lol but its wierd cause i have a linksys router and that works perfectly, also the place down the streets WiFi works perfectly! Can some one help me wiht the, also im not very knowladgeable on WiFi vocab soooo thanks!!!

2. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

maybe your work does not want you to use their wfi because you are not paying for it.

could be a firewall.

3. macRat17 macrumors member

macRat17

maybe 30 other co-workers share the same connection?

4. db2431 macrumors regular

Your description is too vague but the router is either too far away from where you are in the building or like someoneelse said too many people are sucking up the bandwith.If it isnt working at all, again which isnt clear then maybe you just dont have the correct wep/wpa pass, if the router even has that enabled.

5. dgriff21 macrumors newbie

I had some problems with my home router - my iPod wasn't picking up my wifi signal. however, by changing the channel (from 11 to 12 or whatever) on the router settings it is now OK. Not sure what that actually does but I'm guessing it was getting interference from my neighbours wifi signals

6. Drewa1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes also i do get, at school, Free Public WiFi when i am near the connection i still cannot pick it up? and I work at a resturant so i dont think everyone is on it :). Also two of my friends have iPhones and they have the same proble?? wierd!

7. dagored macrumors 65816

That helps. Apparently the admins do not want unauthorized use of their wifi. I ran an entire school and any access to wifi needed a password. You could see it, but could not log on to it and it was the simplest phrase. Plus, you needed a certain IP address. I broke it down into desktops 1st floor, etc. Then laptops, etc. No one got in while I was there. Not being nasty, but there is so much bandwidth and I hated slow connections.

EDIT: At school or at this restaurant?

8. Drewa1 thread starter macrumors newbie

WOW no one gets what im trying to sya, well this doesnt help at all:mad:

9. TheDPR macrumors member

You work at a restaurant. You get wifi just fine at school, home, and elsewhere where there is free wifi. You have trouble getting the wifi at work, at the restaurant, even when you are standing right next to the router.

The advice given is probably correct: you probably need specific settings to connect at the restaurant you work at. Ask your manager for the settings, post them here, and someone will help explain how to put them on your iPod.