ipod touch wifi is better than macbook wifi

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thomahawk, Dec 7, 2008.

1. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

Same distance (apx 15-20yds) , same room, different wifi connection lenghts.

my ipod touch seems to keep the connection like.. forever whereas my macbook gets the connection then like 10 seconds later it just disconnects and i have to turn off airpot and turn it back on over and over and over and over again, till finally the freaking wifi on my macbook gets it then. 10 seconds later LOST!! this is getting really really annoying is it the airport card or software? cuz really my ipod touch is kicking my macbook's arse right now

2. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

got all software updates installed? the connection shouldnt just drop like that, you might be getting interfeerence.

macbook has wireless-n, is your router wireless-n capable?

3. thomahawk thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

funny thing is, 2 updates before the current airport update. my macbook was running fine with no drop outs.

my wireless router is wireless-n capable. but the thing i wonder is how my ipod touch (probably isnt wireless-n) can not get any connection dropouts

4. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

i agree with the interference. the mb might be getting interference from a router that is too far away for the touch to pick up.

happens to me alot on at the apartments near campus when my macbook can see 20 networks and my iphone can see 5

5. thomahawk thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

theres only 1 network my macbook can see, and thats mine. the neighbors? well lets just say they are old school :)

6. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

have you tried changing the channel that the router is transmitting on?

7. thomahawk thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

yup, i tried reseting the router to factory settings, Nothing! i dont know whats wrong.
    perhaps the interference can be from the other laptops in the household (which are vista pcs, that uses bruteforce wifi obtaining) but even with those computers off i still cant get any proper connection