ipod touch wifi upgrade???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by guitarbabs, Nov 27, 2011.

1. guitarbabs macrumors newbie

guitarbabs

is there ANY possible way to increase the wifi reception of an ipod touch. i have the worst wifi in my room when on my ipod. are there solutions to increase bars?

2. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

3. guitarbabs thread starter macrumors newbie

guitarbabs

im a teen. i cant just change a router. my dad is one of those suspicious geeks who would ask why i need wifi in my room. any other suggestions?

4. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Use something with better WiFi reception than an iPod Touch.

So why do you need Wifi in you room? ;)

5. GeniusJon macrumors regular

Buy your own cheap router, connect it to your computer.

You have your own wi-fi access point for all your pr0n needs.

6. guitarbabs thread starter macrumors newbie

guitarbabs

7. BrunoWill macrumors member

It depends on Router, if you want to upgrade the wifi of iPod Touch, you need to wait for iPod to release the new ios to enhance the wifi signal.

8. fictionaldeity macrumors newbie

a software update is unlikely to help your wifi situation and a hardware upgrade will be extremely technical. The easiest way to increase signal strength is to use a wifi repeater (a separate device that plugs into a wall. It receives a wifi signal and then re-broadcasts it). No extra wiring would be required.

A further solution would to attach an arial to your curent wifi router or replace it with another one.

Often you will find "dead spots" and "hot spots" inside one room due to the interference of the wifi. in layman's terms: you may find that you get an increased signal in a specific part of your room.

If all else fails you can try the tin foil approach...(this is extremely unlikely to get results)