Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricJD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I've had my 2nd gen iPod touch for a few months now, but now it's not appearing in iTunes. It shows up fine in the USB tree in System Profiler, and even displays my screenshots in iPhoto when I plug it in, but it does not show up in iTunes at all. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

P140897

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009
I've had my 2nd gen iPod touch for a few months now, but now it's not appearing in iTunes. It shows up fine in the USB tree in System Profiler, and even displays my screenshots in iPhoto when I plug it in, but it does not show up in iTunes at all. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

DFU mode connect to itunes then hold home+sleep buttons for exactly 10secs and then release the sleep button but keep holding the home button until itunes tells you it has found any ipod in DFU Mode

P140897

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009

If not jailbroken: apple store with the one year warranty it came with

book and appointment at the genius bar and get it fixed/exchanged:apple::apple:

EricJD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
DFU mode connect to itunes then hold home+sleep buttons for exactly 10secs and then release the sleep button but keep holding the home button until itunes tells you it has found any ipod in DFU Mode
I have already tried that. When I put it into DFU mode, it shows up on the Mac but gives me an error when I try to restore it. It does, however, restore properly in DFU mode on Windows.
If not jailbroken: apple store with the one year warranty it came with

book and appointment at the genius bar and get it fixed/exchanged:apple::apple:
That may be my last resort...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.