Ipod Touch will not connect to internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by funter, Jan 5, 2012.

1. funter macrumors member

I have 3 IMACs all of which are connected to the internet. My Ipod touch however will not connect even though it is on the same network. I have tried several things - I have tried forgetting the network and reconnecting, renewing lease and a reset by pressing on/off button and sleep button. Any suggestions would be great otherwise it's a trip down to the Apple centre.

2. callum23 macrumors member

Rohit?

3. Chi-mex macrumors member

When you go to the wifi center thign on your itouch, and you go and view your net work, if teh first row of numbers reads 169.bunch of numbers (it idk what the 3rd digit actually is, but the first 2 are 16 for sure), then you need to reset teh router. Usually that first row is 192.bunch of numbers. Once you reset teh router you should be fine. also when you reset it, you alarm might go off if the internet is connected to teh home fone.

4. ToothTooth macrumors member

Same thing here

I've been having this happen very frequently over the past several days.

Almost once a day, my 4G ipod touch won't connect to my home network even though my 2011 mac mini maintains a wireless connection to the same network with no problems.

The only remedy I've found is to reset my wireless router, but I shouldn't have to do this everyday just to use my ipod. I've been using the same router for over two years and this has never been a problem until just recently.

Any ideas or suggestions about what's going on?

5. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Are you purposely typing 'teh' to represent 'the'?

Kinda bizarre . . .

6. Chi-mex macrumors member

No i swear to god i am not purposely typing it. that is just i typo that i have formed over the course of the past 2 years. It has gotten to be such a pain to backspace and correct it, so i just leave it.

Just for you, i went and corrected the "the"s that are up there ^^^

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I have the same exact problem. It has occurred so much that Word now corrects it automatically.

OP: Try resetting network settings on iPod.

8. yanmoyiie macrumors newbie

if teh first row of numbers reads 169.bunch of numbers (it idk what the 3rd digit actually is, but the first 2 are 16 for sure), then you need to reset teh router. Usually that first row is 192.bunch of numbers. Once you reset teh router you should be fine. also when you reset it, you alarm might go off if the internet is connected to teh home fone.

9. Trynn macrumors newbie

What about if you can't reset the router? At school I sometimes have the same problem. The computer connects just fine, but the iPod touch (3G) refuses to.